Things to Do in Cairns with Kids
With tropical beaches, a UNESCO World Heritage Site rain forest, and the islands of the Great Barrier Reef all on the city’s doorstep, Cairns offers plenty of options for a family adventure. From wildlife encounters and outdoor activities to fun family attractions, here are some ideas for things to do in Cairns with kids.
- Swim and snorkel along the Great Barrier Reef on a full-day boat cruise, or enjoy aerial views on a thrilling helicopter flight.
- Skip the long lines with a great-value family ticket for attractions such as the Cairns Museum or Cairns Aquarium.
- Spot Aussie animals such as kangaroos, cassowaries, and crocodiles or enjoy breakfast with the koalas at Hartley's Crocodile Park.
- Enjoy an action-packed family day out in the rain forest at Kuranda, where you can ride the Skyrail and Scenic Railway and visit attractions such as Birdworld and the Butterfly Sanctuary.
14 Tours and Activities
- Things to Do in Cairns with Kids
- Romantic Things to Do in Cairns and the Tropical North
- How to Spend 2 Days in Cairns
- Things to Do in Cairns This Summer
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities in Cairns and the Tropical North
- How to Spend 3 Days in Cairns & the Tropical North
- Things to Do in Cairns This Winter