From snake charmers and henna-painted fortune tellers in Djemaa El Fna, to traditions of Atlas mountains’ Berber villages, Moroccan culture is vibrant and captivating. Wander through the medina of Marrakech to unveil a cultural melting pot, with souks selling handicrafts and more. Here’s how to experience culture in Marrakech.
- Enjoy a traditional Moroccan mint tea at a rooftop cafe overlooking Djemaa El Fna.
- Take a guided tour of the souks and watch craftsmen weaving carpets, dying cow hides, and making traditional Moroccan handicrafts.
- Enjoy Fantasia, a dazzling spectacle of belly dancing, galloping horse parades, traditional music, and dancing, at a Marrakech restaurant.
- Take a cooking class and learn the secrets of Marrakech’s popular dishes, Moroccan tagine and couscous.
- Admire the views while on a horse-drawn carriage ride through Marrakech.
- Learn about Berber culture with a day trip into the High Atlas Mountains, a visit to a traditional Bedouin camp, or a camel trek through the Sahara desert.
- Treat your senses to a tasting tour of Marrakech’s spice markets and street food stalls, and sample an array of Moroccan foods.
- Relax and unwind with a spa experience at a traditional Moroccan hammam.