Munich is known for its annual Oktoberfest extravaganza, but the Bavarian capital is just as busy during the summer months. Travelers will find plenty of ways to enjoy Munich's sun, culture, and food in summer—here are a few of our favorites.
- Watch (or join!) the surfers riding the man-made waves on the Eisbach River in the English Garden.
- Take a day trip to visit some of Germany's most famous fairytale castles, including Neuschwanstein Castle and Linderhof Palace.
- Explore the city by bike or Segway and enjoy a picnic in the park.
- Spend a leisurely afternoon relaxing at an outdoor beer garden.
- Treat your stomach to a food and beer tour to experience Germany's beloved dining traditions.
- Take a day trip to Mozart's hometown in Salzburg.