Gloria Ferrer Caves and Vineyards
Daily 40-minute tours present a history of the winery and an overview of the traditional méthode champenoise process for making sparkling wine. Guests can taste Gloria Ferrer wines by the glass or in a tasting flight, with seating options available in a contemporary indoor tasting room or on the scenic Vista Terrace. Private “Elevated Experiences” include a picnic in the vineyards, tapas pairing menus, and workshops on how to select the best glassware for different wine varietals.
The winery is a popular stop on Napa and Sonoma wine tours, including private and group options that take the stress out of choosing wineries and allow guests to safely taste without driving.
Things to know before you go
- Reservations for tours and tastings are required for groups of seven or more people.
- Pets are welcome at the winery with an advance online reservation.
- Charcuterie plates and other small bites are available to purchase in the tasting room.
How to get there
Gloria Ferrer Caves and Vineyards is located in the Carneros region of Sonoma Valley, about an hour north of San Francisco. Free parking is available on site. Guided wine tours include transportation, with a chauffeur who waits while you taste.
When to get there
The winery is open daily. Check the website for seasonal events, including an annual lobster boil with wine pairings in March and a harvest celebration each September.
Top Sonoma Wineries
With more than 400 wineries to choose from, it can be tough to plan a day of wine tasting in Sonoma. The oldest winery in California, Buena Vista is a solid choice for first timers. Matanzas Creek—surrounded by lavender fields—is known for its fragrant, picturesque grounds. Francis Ford Coppola Winery is a big draw for both film buffs and wine lovers, while Benzinger attracts eco-conscious tasters with its biodynamic farming practices.
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in San Francisco
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Oregon