Oahu’s heady mixture of palm-fringed white sand beaches, lush waterfall-filled jungle, and local culture make this island an excellent setting to bond with the kids, log some serious beach time, and take a break from life’s rigors. Here are some tips for your spring break trip in Oahu.
- Spring break tends to fall near the end of Oahu’s humpback whale-watching season, so get a marine biology lesson aboard a whale-watching cruise, or, if you’re feeling particularly adventurous, try cage diving with Galapagos and sandbar sharks on boat charters departing the North Shore.
- Zipline through the jungle or take an ATV tour at Kualoa Ranch in the same location where characters from the 2016 film Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates did their epic jumps.
- Find your center atop a paddleboard yoga class or surf lesson in the beginner waves off Waikiki.
- Get lost in the maze at the Dole Plantation before rewarding yourself with a creamy, pineapple Dole Whip.
- Take a tour of the North Shore to see the big waves at Sunset Beach and the Banzai Pipeline, then swim under Wailua Falls before stopping in Haleiwa for some shaved ice or poke.
- Watch the hypnotic rhythms of fire knife dancers at the Polynesian Cultural Center’s theatrical but authentic luau.