Serra da Bocaina National Park Tours and Activities
Stationed between the electric metropolis of Sau Paulo and the lively city of Rio de Janeiro lies the 260,000 acres of rural forest and mountain peaks that makes up Serra da Bocaina National Park. This precious preserve is home to natural Atlantic Forest vegetation and some of the most diverse flora and fauna in the region.
Ecotourism and outdoor adventure prove the main attractions at Serra da Bocaina, which attracts avid hikers from across the globe. Travelers can embark on a 16-kilometer hike to Bacia Peak and enjoy incredible views of the Paraiba Valley from atop the second tallest mountain in the range. The slightly shorter, but equally popular, Cliff Trail winds through Enchanted Wood, passing hundreds of different indigenous plants, and ends at the Paredao’s Waterfall, where weary legs can cool off in chilly waters. The Stone House ruins, which were originally built in 1914 to house a visiting French doctor, lend a bit of interest to an otherwise easy trail marked by small river crossings and equally epic views (but without all the work).
Tours and Activities to Experience Serra da Bocaina National Park
- Serra da Bocaina National Park Tours & Tickets
- Gold Path (Caminho do Ouro) Tours & Tickets
- Paraty Historic Center (Centro Historico Paraty) Tours & Tickets
- Paraty House of Culture (Casa da Cultura) Tours & Tickets
- First Church of Our Lady of the Remedies Tours & Tickets
- Trindade Beach (Praia da Trindade) Tours & Tickets
- Sono Beach Tours & Tickets