Iceland is a nation filled with diverse landscapes, breathtaking scenery—and active volcanoes. Few excursions offer visitors the opportunity to take in all the unique natural sights like a guided volcano tour from Reykjavik and Iceland’s south coast, which offers some of the most stunning views the country has to offer.
- Descend into Thrihnukagigur, one of Iceland’s most impressive dormant volcanoes, and spend a few hours exploring its subterranean interior.
- Hike through Thorsmork Valley and enjoy incredible views of the rocky craters and cooling lava fields of the Fimmvorduhals volcano.
- Take a “super jeep” tour around the Eyjafjallajokull volcano, which brought European air travel to a halt when it erupted in 2010.
- Marvel at the magical waterfalls of Skogafoss and Seljalandsfoss, and go for a stroll along the black-sand beach of the popular Reynisfjara beach.
- Go for a short glacier walk on the 700-year-old Solheimajokull glacier.
- Get a bird’s-eye view of the Eyjafjallajokull glacier, Thorsmork ridge, and Katla volcano on a two-hour helicopter tour.
- Join a small-group tour to climb to the top of the Hekla volcano.