A highlight of the luxurious Marina Bay Sands resort, the Marina Bay Sands SkyPark is a gigantic rooftop complex balanced atop the resort’s three towers. The SkyPark, which stretches over 1,115 feet (340 meters), has gardens, restaurants, a huge infinity pool, and spectacular views over Singapore.
Guests at the Marina Bay Sands hotel can swim in Sands SkyPark’s 492-foot-long (150-meter-long) infinity pool and enjoy free access to all of the rooftop attractions. Nonguests can purchase admission to the SkyPark observation deck and visit Skybar, both of which offer 360-degree views of Supertree Grove, the Gardens by the Bay, and the Singapore skyline.
A popular choice is to join an evening tour that includes admission to the Marina Bay Sands SkyPark as well as a Supertree Grove light show and river cruise.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Facilities including the infinity pool, walkway, and gardens are only available to hotel guests.
- There is an entrance charge to visit the observation deck and a further cover charge for the Skybar.
- Reservations are essential and a cover charge often applies at SkyPark’s two restaurants, both open to nonguests.
- Large items and luggage are not permitted at SkyPark, and visitors are required to pass through security checks.
- The Marina Bay Sands hotel, SkyPark, shopping complex, and casino are all fully wheelchair accessible.
How to Get There
Marina Bay Sands is located along the Marina Bay waterfront in downtown Singapore, next to the Gardens by the Bay. The complex is served by numerous buses and water taxis, but the easiest way to get there is on the MRT—the nearest stations are Bayfront, on the Circle and Downtown lines, or Marina Bay, on the NorthSouth and Circle lines. Access to the SkyPark is via an elevator in Tower 3.
When to Get There
Time your visit for the early morning to avoid the crowds and enjoy the best light for photographs, or arrive in time to watch the sunset over the city. Alternatively, an evening visit offers the chance to admire Singapore’s glittering nighttime skyline.
Marina Bay Sands
The Marina Bay Sands complex cost an incredible $8 billion to build, so expect the ultimate in luxury. Highlights include an opulent 2,561-room hotel, an upmarket shopping mall, a gigantic atrium casino with over 500 tables and 1,600 slot machines, a nightly light and water show, the Las Vegas–inspired Marquee Nightclub, and two theaters that host award-winning musicals such as The Lion King and Mamma Mia!