The last thing you want to do is travel to Tokyo to see all the highlights and still miss out on the local culture. Instead of visiting as a tourist, experience the city like a local Tokyoite would by partaking in some of the following activities.
- Treat your taste buds to the locals only food scene of the Shibuya back alleys.
- Dive into Tokyo’s extreme street fashion on a walking tour of Harajuku.
- Experience manga mania on an anime-themed trip through Tokyo’s otaku hot spots, including Akihabara, Nakano, and Harajuku.
- Paint the town red with a local-led tour of the neon-lit Shinjuku and Kabukicho districts, among Tokyo’s most popular for food and nightlife.
- Give your retail therapy a Japanese twist along Sunamachi Ginza shopping street. Be sure to grab lunch in a department store eatery.