Start your Aboriginal Tjapukai cultural experience with hotel pickup from Cairns and Northern Beaches and be welcomed with a glass of sparkling wine on arrival at the venue (if option selected).
Follow the resonant call of the didgeridoo across a flame-lit bridge to the rainforest theater, where the Tjapukai people — whose name means ‘rainforest’ — take the stage. You’ll see a dynamic spectacle with an inimitable blend of humor, music and dance. The Tjapukai Dreamtime story unfolds as you hear legends about Queensland's wet and dry seasons.
Upgrade your cultural experience to include a lakeside ceremony before dinner. You’ll form part of the Rainbow Serpent Circle and take part in an Aboriginal celebration of music, chanting and dance that culminates in a fire-making ceremony. An illuminating fireball is sent across the lake while the Tjapukai people appear in a flame-lit canoe to escort guests to the dining venue.
You'll feast on canapés infused with native flavors and enjoy an international buffet dinner that includes sumptuous dishes accompanied by dessert, tea and coffee.
When the lights dim, the performers invite you to join them by the campfire for photos and an intimate chat. Before returning to your hotel (if option selected), there is time to explore the award-winning Tjapukai Fine Art Gallery.
Daily selection from a range of canapes
• Braised emu with pureed sweet yam
• Kangaroo koftas
• Lemongrass-scented tuna on cucumber
• Sugarcane skewered crocodile
BUFFET DINNER MENU
Please note that menu is subject to change due to seasonal availability
• Freshly baked damperSoup
• Red miso soup with traditional condiments
• Butternut pumpkin soup with sour cream and shallotsSalads
• Freshly prepared local salads
• Roasted sweet potato and macadamia salad
• Banana flower salad
• A selection of assorted condiments, chutneys and dressingsSeafood
• Mussels in Davidson plum
• Prawns with lemon myrtle aioliHot Selection
• Grilled rib eye dusted with mountain pepper and forest mushrooms
• Lemon aspen braised chicken breast on wilted greens
• Steamed fish with ruby grapefruit and dill cream
• Roast pork with accompanying sauces
• Roasted chat potatoes
• Seasonal vegetables
• Steamed riceDessert
• Selection of daily prepared desserts – Davidson plum cheesecake, Gluten free chocolate brownies, Lemon myrtle tarts, Caramel chocolate tarts
• Fresh fruits and creamNorth Queensland gold coffee & Daintree tea