Are you interested in?
- Lowest Price GuaranteeIf you find the same product cheaper, we’ll refund the difference.
- Award-winning supportWe’re here 24/7 to help.
- Five-day coach tour of New Zealand's scenic South Island
- Lunch at Mt. Cook, New Zealand's highest mountain (own expense)
- Cruise on Milford Sound
- Free leisure day in Queenstown
- Spectacular Franz Josef Glacier
- Trip aboard the famous TranzAlpine Express train
- Fully guided tour and commentary
- Pickup and drop-off from centrally located Christchurch hotels
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Christchurch hotels
Return point: Returns to original departure point on day 5 at approximately 6:35pm
What To Expect
After a memorable cruise on Milford Sound, nestled in the UNESCO-listed Fiordland National Park, drive along Haast Pass to Westland National Park, another UNESCO World Heritage Site. The rugged West Coast route takes you past soaring mountain ranges, native forests and lakes to the must-see Franz Josef Glacier, where you spend the night with scenic views.
On the final day, travel to the reconstructed gold-rush town of Shantytown. Conclude your South Island tour with a train trip from Greymouth aboard the TranzAlpine Express. The route takes you over the Southern Alps through Arthur's Pass to Christchurch, renowned as one of the world’s top 10 train journeys.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Leisure Tours
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by 5-Day South Island Tour from Christchurch.