Welcome to Bolivia. Enjoy an unforgettable adventure visiting the Salar de Uyuni and colorful lagoons with collection from your Hotel de La Paz. The service starts with pick-up from your Hotel in La Paz, to take a night bus to Uyuni on arrival we pick it up from the Bus, to start with the 3-day and 2-night tour of the Salar de Uyuni. Join this 3-day tour in Salar de Uyuni sharing with more people interested in the visiting this surreal landscape of desert and colored lagoons of the Eduardo Avaroa Reseve with your professional english speaking guide in a TOYOTA LAND CRUISER 4WD. In winter, called dry season from May to October, when the surface hardens, geometric figures formed by the salt particles agglomerated into polygons appear. In summer, rainy season from November to March, the salt desert is transformed into a giant mirror that blends into the sky of the purest blue you've ever seen before.
I thought that I would be safe because the tour with JOKER EXPEDITION was more expensive than other tour companies but I had the issues with this company. Also, in my group, there were people from the other companies, and they paid less with the same service. Please do not book the tours with the " JOKER EXPEDITION" company. The organizer was unreliable. For example, he forgot to pick me up from the bus station in Uyuni, and I had to wait 30 mins but he didn't apologize. Also, the tour was different from the description. The organizer and the guide both lied to me. There are many local tour companies that are cheaper than the " JOKER EXPEDITION" company. You will receive the same service, and won't need to pay 25% of commission to Viator.
Here are my issues:
1. They were supposed to take me to the Inca island and to the Salar to head to Galaxy Cave on day 2, and to pools where the land seems to boil red, gray and scarlet mud but they didn't take us. Also, they didn't take me to the desert and Salar de Chalviri on day 4. I didn't see the cactus at all during the tour.
2. Bottled water and snacks were included in this tour but the guide was not informed by the tour company. I didn't get any snacks until day 3, even though I made a complaint. The guide said that he didn't know about it. Later, the organizer (Josef) told me that he told the guide that my tour included water and snacks.
3. They were supposed to book the bus with Todo Turismo company but they booked with the cheaper company (Titicaca), which the service was very poor.
4. They forgot to pick me up from the bus station but no apologize.
5. The car broke down multiple times in the middle of the desert.