Colors of George Town Walking Tour
Price varies by group size
- 4-hour walking tour of George Town
- Explore the UNESCO-listed city with a local guide
- Walk the 'Street of Harmony'
- Includes admission to Penang Peranakan Mansion
- Learn about local history, religion, and culture
- Pickup and drop-off at Penang Island hotels
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from any other hotels NOT located in the area of Georgetown, Batu Ferringhi, Tanjung Tokong, Tanjung Bungah, available with surcharge.
What To Expect
Walk to the State Assembly building, then follow the “Street of Harmony,” where a wide range of religious sites and devotees line up side by side. You’ll see the rooflines of the Chinese society houses, and stop at a series of religious buildings, including St. George’s Church, the Goddess of Mercy Temple, Sri Mariamman Temple, and Kapitan Keling Mosque, a 19th-century landmark built by Indian Muslims.
Your tour includes admission to the Pinang Peranakan Mansion, a museum-house that explores Penang’s Peranakan, or Chinese-Malay heritage. After visiting the mansion, pause at a Hindu flower stall to learn the art of making colorful flower garlands, and pause for photos of street art and wall paintings.
If desired, you can continue on a beca, or trishaw, for a relaxing ride through George Town’s narrow streets (trishaw own expense). This 4-hour walking tour concludes with return transfer to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wear comfortable walking shoes, hat/cap and sunglasses during hot, sunny day
- Bring your own drinking water
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Walking tour
- Pick-up & Drop-off from other area of Penang is available at charge (ie, Bayan Lepas, Queensbay, Seberang Jaya, Butterworth, Seberang Perai, etc)
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Asian Overland Services
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Colors of George Town Walking Tour.