Half-Day Guided Bicycle Tour of Penang Countryside
- 4-hour Penang island bike tour
- Ride a bike on the quiet, southwestern side of the island
- Learn about local fishing and agriculture
- Pickup and drop-off at Penang hotels
- Include bike rental, helmet, and snack
- Small-group tour limited to 7 people
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from any other hotels NOT located in the area of Georgetown, Batu Ferringhi, Tanjung Tokong, Tanjung Bungah, available with surcharge.
What To Expect
Set a leisurely pace as you ride from Balik Pulau on safe, easy-going roads. You’ll catch the scent of spices growing in fields at the edge of the road, and pass long, lush rows of rice. As you ride, the guide will share the history of rice cultivation on the island, from the earliest origins to how it’s changed over time.
Take a break in a small fishing village to see the locals bring in the day’s fresh catch, then see colonial-era buildings and traditional architecture in the village of Kampung Terang. Duck into a mangrove forest to watch for migratory birds and mud crabs, and learn to spot the different species of mangrove trees.
This tour concludes with return transfer to your hotel, with a pause for coffee and snacks along the way.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for child aged 6 and under
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Drinking water, hat/cap, sunglasses and comfortable shoes are recommended
- Kids bicycle subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- OPERATED BY Asian Overland Services
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Half-Day Guided Bicycle Tour of Penang Countryside.