Are you interested in?
Explore our promoted experiences
- Early entrance, skip-the-line Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museums tour
- Visit the Sistine Chapel before it opens to the public
- Admire Michelangelo’s ceiling and wall frescos without the daytime crowds
- Bypass the main lines to enter the Vatican Museums
- Enjoy a guided tour of highlights, including the Raphael Rooms, Gallery of Maps, and more
- Visit St. Peter’s Basilica and see Michelangelo’s ‘Pietà’ and other treasures
- Small group of six participants or fewer
Departure & Return
In front of Cafè Vaticano, right across the street from the Vatican Museum's Entrance. Your guide will be holding a LivTours sign
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Listen to an introduction to Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel frescoes from your guide. Talking inside the chapel is not allowed, so you’ll learn about these Renaissance artworks before entering. Then, head directly inside the pope’s private place of worship. Your ticket gives you early access to the chapel as one of the day’s first visitors, so you can enjoy it without the crowds.
Gaze in awe at Michelangelo’s ceiling fresco, The Creation of Adam, as well as The Last Judgment gracing the back wall of the chapel. Soak in unobstructed views of the works, and enjoy time to inspect them in detail.
When your time in the chapel is up, reconvene with your guide and bypass the main admission lines for a tour of the Vatican Museums’ highlights.
Stroll around the Pinecone Courtyard, and see works like the Belvedere Apollo and Laocoon Priest of Troy statues. Admire the celebrated marble Belvedere Torso, and stroll through the must-see 16th-century Gallery of Maps, Gallery of the Tapestries, and Raphael Rooms.
Afterward, walk back through the Sistine Chapel — seeing how crowded it is during normal opening hours — and continue through an exclusive exit into St. Peter’s Basilica.
Here, let your guide introduce you to the best of the treasures held in the magnificent interior. Admire Michelangelo's glorious Pietà, the marble sculpture depicting Mary holding the dead Jesus, as well as Bernini's Baldacchino altar canopy and Pope Alexander VII monument among other great works.
Your tour concludes inside the church when your guide departs. You’re free to then continue exploring independently, perhaps looking further around the interior to see the papal tombs, climbing the Dome, or strolling around St. Peter’s Square as you wish.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Occasionally the basilica may be closed due to last minute private events outside of the tour operators control and often without notice. In these uncommon circumstances the tour will operate as usual and the time spent inside the basilica will be made up elsewhere on the tour.
- Please Note: due to these unprecedented times and unexpected regulation changes, some areas may not be accessible if the venue can not guarantee social distancing for that part of the tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Please note: Due to new health and safety regulations, the Vatican currently opens at 8:30 rather than 8:00am. Despite the later start, our early entrance tour is in all other ways identical to the 7:30am tour. By arriving 30 minutes before Vatican doors open, we get you into the museums first, so you can go directly to the Raphael rooms and the Sistine Chapel before the crowds and enjoy them with as few people as possible.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY LivTours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas