Are you interested in?
- Full-day trip from San Francisco to Sonoma and Napa Valley wineries
- Visit popular wineries with all tastings and guided tours included
- Drive over the Golden Gate Bridge for views of the Bay Area
- Admire the rolling hills and vineyards that make up America’s premier wine region
- Enjoy free time for lunch in Sonoma Square Plaza or Yountville
- Learn about the history of winemaking from your expert guide
- Transport by luxury, air-conditioned coach including onboard restroom and free Wi-Fi
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Union Square Departure Location Departure time: 8:40 AM If you chose this departure point please be at the above address by 8:25 AM.
Gray Line Fisherman’s Wharf Departure Location (meet us at the corner of Leavenworth St. & Jefferson St.) Departure Time: 9:00 AM If you chose this departure point please be at the above address by 8:45 AM.
What To Expect
Your first stop is Viansa Sonoma Winery. The property, which sits on a hilltop, offers iconic 270 degree views of Sonoma Valley. Taste a variety of wines while savoring the breathtaking scenery from the terrace.
Next is a visit to Roche Winery. Sip different varietals in the tasting plaza and enjoy a walking tour of the Roche family’s Tipperary vineyards. Your host will lead you through the winery, including a sampling of their latest vintage right from their barrels.
Indulge your appetite with a stop for lunch (own expense) at Sonoma Square Plaza, one of the largest plazas in California, and pick from multiple charming restaurants.
Continue on to the world-famous Napa Valley for a tour and tasting at Madonna Estate, a family-run winery that produces organic wines in the acclaimed Carneros winemaking region.
Back on the coach, savor the late afternoon sun and your wine-induced glow on the return drive to San Francisco. Enjoy a quick photo stop at the Golden Gate Bridge before getting dropped off at Fisherman’s Wharf or Union Square in San Francisco.
Please note: Depending on the day of your tour, the order of the wineries you visit, as well as which wineries you visit could change depending on availability and other determining factors.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age for wine tasting is 21 years.
- Please note: Depending on the day of your tour, the order of the wineries you visit, as well as which wineries you visit could change depending on availability and other determining factors. Please see tour description as an example of a typical itinerary, your wine tour will include a visit to 3 of the following wineries: Viansa, BR-Cohn, Roche, Madonna Estate, Sutter Home, Kieu Hong, Muscardini or Robledo
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line San Francisco
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Don't be afraid to ask questions - my friend and I got additional tastings when chatting with the staff!" See review
- "ALSO: bring a light jacket with you (I traveled in November)." See review
- "This is not a kid-friendly tour, and truthfully there is nothing for a child on the tour, so there just be no excuse." See review