Tuscany is one of Italy’s most famous wine regions, but you don’t need a full day exploring the vineyards to enjoy a taste of Tuscan wine. The family-run Podere la Marronaia winery is just minutes from San Gimignano and this private 45-minute tour includes a tasting of organic wines and extra virgin olive oils.
Podere la Marronaia is a small family-run farm in San Gimignano dedicated to the cultivation of grapes and olives and the production of wines and extra virgin olive oil. In 2000, all production was converted to an organic method of cultivation that involves the use of only natural products exploiting the natural fertility of the soil and considering the entire ecosystem. As of 2003, all products became organic certified. The cellar and wine tasting venue, Sosta Alle Colonne, is located within walking distance from the town center, surrounded by beautiful countryside with a view of the towers of San Gimignano and the Vernaccia vineyard.
The wine tasting includes four wines:
• Vernaccia di San Gimignano DOCG bio
• Chianti Colli Senesi DOCG organic or bio Rosato IGT Toscano
• Sangiovese IGT Rosso Toscano bioThe extra virgin olive oil tasting includes three oils:
• Flavored with chili pepper
• TruffleBread and little snacks will be supplied during the tasting.