Are you interested in?
La Fortuna Waterfall Tours
73 Tours & Activities
223 Tours & Activities
Nature and Wildlife
233 Tours & Activities
14 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Experience two of Arenal’s natural wonders on a combo day trip from San Jose. Marvel at the height and volume of Costa Rica’s most famous cascade from the base of the La Fortuna Waterfall, and descend underground to explore the ancient Venado Caves. Guides keep you safe at each supersized attraction and share the fascinating geologic history of Arenal. Stops for breakfast and lunch are included to keep you energized during the full-day adventure.
- Fit in a trip to La Fortuna even when staying in San Jose
- Climb down to the base of La Fortuna Waterfall with a guide to safely lead the way
- Explore the narrow tunnels and ancient chambers of an underground cave system
- Recharge with a typical Costa Rican breakfast and lunch
Saved to wishlist!
Luxury round trip transportation with A/C, WIFI.
Typical breakfast on the way
Lunch in the area
Visit and walk in Caverns de Venado
Departure & Return
Departure PointSan José Province, San José, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
On the arrival at the hotel the tour guide is going to ask in the reception of the hotel for the client
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Tours Costa Rica
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Venado Caves and La Fortuna Waterfall from San Jose?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Venado Caves and La Fortuna Waterfall from San Jose?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Venado Caves and La Fortuna Waterfall from San Jose?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Venado Caves and La Fortuna Waterfall from San Jose?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 3171P102
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursNature and WildlifeEco ToursWalking ToursUnderground Tours Full-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingAlajuelaSan JoseCosta RicaSan Antonio De BelenBus Tours - Central ValleyNature and Wildlife - Central ValleyEco Tours - Central ValleyWalking Tours - Central ValleyUnderground Tours - Central ValleyFull-day Tours - Central ValleyBus Tours - AlajuelaNature and Wildlife - AlajuelaEco Tours - AlajuelaWalking Tours - AlajuelaUnderground Tours - AlajuelaFull-day Tours - AlajuelaBus Tours - QueposNature and Wildlife - QueposEco Tours - QueposWalking Tours - QueposUnderground Tours - QueposFull-day Tours - QueposCategory
Morazan ParkNational Theater (Teatro Nacional)Rescate Animal ZooaveLa Sabana Park Chirripó National ParkMetallic Building (Ed)ificio Metálico)National Museum (Museo Nacional)Gold MuseumJade Museum (Museo del Jade)Yellow House (Casa Amarilla)Turu Ba Ri Tropical ParkOrosi River Valley (El Valle del Rio Orosi)Plaza de la CulturaChildren's Museum (Museo de los Ninos)Costa Rican Art Museum (Museo de Arte Costarricense)Escazu