Are you interested in?
El Yunque National Park Tours
47 Tours & Activities
29 Tours & Activities
110 Tours & Activities
12 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Explore our promoted experiences
Spend an adventurous day exploring two of Puerto’s most incredible natural wonders on this full-day excursion to hike in the El Yunque Rainforest and kayak at the island’s famed Bioluminescent Bay. Start your morning with a hike in the only tropical rain forest in the United States National Forest system, enjoying incredible mountain views and an optional waterfall swim to cool off. Then continue with a nighttime kayaking trip to the magical Bioluminescent Bay, which features a unique variety of plankton that glow when the water is touched or moved. Your Puerto Rico outdoor adventure also includes round-trip hotel transport, professional guide, and national park fees.
- Spend the day exploring two natural wonders of Puerto Rico
- Hike through the El Yunque Rainforest and swim at a waterfalls
- Enjoy a nighttime kayak through the illuminated Bioluminescent Bay
- Tour is suitable for those who are in good physical condition
Saved to wishlist!
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Certified Tour Guide
Bottled Water and light snacks
First aid equipment
USCG certified lifejackets
Gratuity for your tour guide is not included, but greatly appreciated.
Additional fee for pick ups outside of San Juan will apply (Dorado, Bayamon, Rio Grande, Fajardo, Humacao)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Complimentary pick up in selected areas of San Juan: Old San Juan, Condado, Isla Verde, Miramar and Ocean Park and Calle Loiza. Meeting point available by PR-3 in Rio Grade, Luquillo and Fajardo.
Exact pick up time will be provided the day prior to the tour.
- Panamerican Pier
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This is a moderate to strenuous activity. Please dress appropriately: Must wear hiking shoes or tennis with a good grip (closed toe). Can also bring water shoes for when you go into the river . Please note: shoes will get wet and very muddy
- Participants must be physically capable of walking thru rocky, uneven and muddy surfaces without assisatance.
- Participants must be capable of paddling a two person kayak in a coordinated matter and be able to sit on the same position for about 2 hours.
- Maximum weight for Glass Bottom kayaks is 185 lbs (84 kg). Maximum weight for Regular kayaks is 260 lbs.
- Participants weighting up to 260 lbs need to notify at moment of booking in order to have assigned a regular kayak. Failure to notify correctly may result in person(s) not being able to participate on bio bay tour, no refunds will be issued due to this.
- Priority use of regular kayaks is for persons weighting 186-260, there is a possibility couples may be divided in order to accommodate on the suitable kayak.
- Due to the strict weight restriction all participants are subject to be weighted prior to arriving to the tour site. No cancellations or refunds will be issued if a person neglects to inform correct weight, and is not able to participate of the tour.
- Not suitable for pregnant women past their first trimester or for persons with back or knee problems, heart complaints, recent surgeries or injuries or other serious medical conditions. Children must be 7 years or older to participate.
- You must have a good breakfast before departing on this tour
- Rainforest portion is subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Due to safety reasons participants must be able to understand English or Spanish. Legally blind or deaf persons are not able to participate due to the same. An alternative for persons with certain limitations is to book a Private Rainforest tour. Please contact us prior to booking for more information.
- Use of lifejacket is mandatory once participating on the water related activities.
- Once you begin the Rainforest tour, you must finish it all the way up to the second stop and return back with the group.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Complimentary transportation available only in San Juan, persons staying in Rio Grande, Luquillo or Fajardo must arrive to meeting point.
- Estimated tour duration of 12 hours includes driving and lunch time.
- The bio bay is an unpredictable natural phenomenon that may be influenced by multiple factors. Bioluminoscity level can vary from very visible to minimum or none without any previous notice. Full Moon phase may also affect the visibility of the bioluminescence. In the event of this happening alternate methods such as the use of a tarp will be incorporated in order to appreciate it.
- Please travel light and only bring the necessary to the tour. Leave behind electronic devices, any important documentation like passport, large sums of cash or credit cards. Cell phones require waterproof case.
- GLASS BOTTOM KAYAKS ARE NOT AVAILABLE ON TUESDAYS due to maintenance, instead tour will be conducted on Regular Kayaks, no refunds will be issued due to this.
- Failure to provide hotel/lodging or cruise information upon booking may result in bus not being able to pick you at your location or close to it. No refunds will be issued if you miss your pick up.
- Bus will only wait 5 minutes after arriving to your pick up location, we will not be responsible if you miss to arrive on time.
- Bio Bay portion of tour operates under rain and other weather conditions. Guide will determine to call it off when thunderstorms or other serious conditions happens.
- Participants cannot be afraid of the dark as you will be kayaking thru pitch black areas during the Bio Bay portion of the tour.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Bespoke LM Reserves the Right of Admission - If a person appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, not following COVID19 protocols or not dressed appropriately (due safety) the Guide has the right to Cancel their reservation at any moment, and No Refunds will be issued due to this.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bespoke Lifestyle Management
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
How strenuous is the El Yunque Rainforest Off the Beaten Path and Bio Bay Kayaking Combo Tour?
A:Participants must be physically capable of walking thru steep, rocky, muddy trails, and have the balance to walk by uneven surfaces. Must be able to paddle on a two-person kayak, on a coordinated matter, and not be afraid of the dark.
Can pregnant women participate in the El Yunque Rainforest Off the Beaten Path and Bio Bay Kayaking Combo Tour?
A:Due to safety concerns, Pregnant ladies past their first trimester are not permitted to participate.
Can I bring my children on the El Yunque Rainforest Off the Beaten Path and Bio Bay Kayaking Combo Tour?
A:Children must be 7 years or older to participate.
What should I wear for the El Yunque Rainforest Off the Beaten Path and Bio Bay Kayaking Combo Tour?
A:Wear a bathing suit and comfortable clothes. Bring a towel and an extra pair of clothing. Hiking and water shoes are strongly recommended, tennis with a good grip also work.
What should I bring to the El Yunque Rainforest Off the Beaten Path and Bio Bay Kayaking Combo Tour?
A:Please travel light and only bring what is necessary for the tour. Leave behind electronic devices, any important documentation like a passport, large sums of cash, or credit cards. Cell phones require a waterproof case.
Should I eat before the El Yunque Rainforest Off the Beaten Path and Bio Bay Kayaking Combo Tour?
A:Yes, be sure to have a good breakfast before we depart as we will be having a late lunch stop.
Do you provide life jackets on the El Yunque Rainforest Off the Beaten Path and Bio Bay Kayaking Combo Tour?
A:Yes, and the use of lifejackets is mandatory during water-related activities.
What causes the bioluminescence that we see on the El Yunque Rainforest Off the Beaten Path & Bio Bay Kayaking Combo Tour?
A:The luminescence is caused by our glowing friends, the Pyrodinium Bahamense, microscopic planktons capable of producing natural light at the touch of your hand!
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during El Yunque Rainforest Off the Beaten Path and Bio Bay Kayaking Combo Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during El Yunque Rainforest Off the Beaten Path and Bio Bay Kayaking Combo Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during El Yunque Rainforest Off the Beaten Path and Bio Bay Kayaking Combo Tour?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during El Yunque Rainforest Off the Beaten Path and Bio Bay Kayaking Combo Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Water shoes aren’t sufficient for the hike - but shoes that can get wet and have traction are the best bet." See review
- "It’s muddy and fun and exciting; make sure to wear old clothes!" See review
- "Be prepared to get a bit muddy and bring water shoes or shoes you don’t really care about." See review
Product code: 9406P3
Compare Similar Experiences
El Yunque Rainforest Off the Beaten Path and Bio Bay Kayaking Combo Tour
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursHikingWater ToursKayakingPorts of Call ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingSan JuanCategory
Pine Grove Beach Tours & TicketsLa Calle Loiza Tours & TicketsPonce Tours & TicketsMuseum of Art of Puerto Rico (Museo de Arte de Puerto Rico) Tours & TicketsPalomino Island Tours & TicketsLuquillo Beach Tours & TicketsRio Camuy Cave Park (Parque Nacional de las Cavernas del Río Camuy) Tours & TicketsSan Juan National Historic Site (Sitio Histórico Nacional de San Juan) Tours & TicketsMuseum of History, Anthropology and Art (Museo de Historia, Antropología y Arte) Tours & TicketsFine Arts Miramar Tours & TicketsIcacos Island (Cayo Icacos) Tours & TicketsIsla Verde Tours & TicketsSan Juan Cathedral (Catedral de San Juan Bautista) Tours & TicketsChapel of Christ (Capilla del Cristo) Tours & TicketsMuseum of the Americas (Museo de las Américas) Tours & TicketsLuis A. Ferré Performing Arts Center (Centro de Bellas Artes Luis A. Ferré) Tours & TicketsCastillo San Cristobal Tours & TicketsBacardi Rum Factory (Casa Bacardi) Tours & TicketsCastillo San Felipe del Morro Tours & TicketsMercado de Río Piedras Tours & Tickets