Similajau National Park Day Trip from Miri
Stroll along the coastline of Sarawak at Similajau National Park on this guided day trip from Miri. You’re introduced to the park’s unique geographical features, from its sandy beaches to dense kerangas and mixed dipterocarp forest. On a walk with your guide you’ll discover why the region was designated a conservation zone to protect flora and fauna, including 24 recorded mammal species and 185 species of birds.
- Similajau National Park day trip from Miri, led by an informative guide
- Hike in a biodiverse forest and stroll the golden-sand beaches
- Keep an eye out for long-tailed macaques, gibbons and banded langurs
- Pickup and drop-off included from central hotels
Departure & Return
Departure PointPickup from hotels within Miri city centre
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Return DetailsDrop-off to hotels within Miri city centre
What To Expect
Meet your guide at hotel pickup in central Miri and drive approximately 3 hours to Similajau National Park, passing by unspoiled beaches, Malay villages and palm oil plantations via the coastal highway. A recreational destination for residents within central Sarawak, the national park boasts miles of rocky coastline above the South China Sea.
On arrival, embark on a guided hike along a main trail that hugs the coast for optimal views. You’ll walk through a dense forest of tall dipterocarp trees and a kerangas forest with smaller and shorter trees, habitat for a variety of plants, insects and wildlife. Listen for the presence of 185 species of birds including hornbills and migratory waterbirds like the Storm's stork.
Keep on the lookout for some of 24 mammal species recorded at Similajau, including saltwater crocodiles as well as dolphins sighted among the waves. Gibbons, banded langurs, long-tailed macaques, shrews, mouse deer, barking deer, squirrels, wild boar, porcupine and civet cats are also to be found.
Lunch is provided at the park canteen or a local restaurant before return transport to your Miri hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date
- Sighting of wildlife is not guaranteed
- Tour and transfers on sharing basis
- Duration of tour includes transfer time
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Similajau National Park Day Trip from Miri.