The town of Paarl is not far from Cape Town and known around the world for its wine production. Founded in 1688, Paarl was immediately recognized as an ideal climate in which to farm. Settlers began growing grapes and planting orchards of various fruits. To this day, Paarl is known as a prominent fruit-growing area in South Africa.
In addition to the wineries you can visit around Paarl, the town is also worth a visit for its historic Cape Dutch architecture, many of which date from the 17th century. The town is also famous as the place where the Afrikaans language was born.
Tours and tickets to Experience Paarl
Should I book Paarl tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Paarl 2021?
What's the best way to experience Paarl?
- Day hikes in Franschhoek, Paarl and Stellenbosch mountains
- Paarl Rock Paragliding tandem flight with instructor
- Discovery off-road motorbike tour in the Paarl Mountain Nature Reserve
- Cape Town Wine Lands Private Day Tour
Things to do near Cape Town
- Things to do in Western Cape
- Things to do in Stellenbosch
- Things to do in Franschhoek
- Things to do in Port Elizabeth
- Things to do in Gauteng
- Things to do in KwaZulu-Natal
- Things to do in Zanzibar
- Things to do in Kilimanjaro
- Things to do in South West Nigeria
- Things to do in Mahé
- Things to do in Southeast Brazil