The capital of India under British rule, Kolkata is known for its colonial-era architecture. But, this large city also offers plenty of attractions that will keep younger travelers engaged and entertained. For families traveling to Kolkata, here are some of the best attractions and activities.
- Go stargazing at MP Birla Planetarium, where 30-minute shows focus on the wonders of space.
- Enjoy thrills at Nicco Park amusement park, which features about 35 rides as well as other attractions, such as a 4D movie theater, bowling alley, water park, live shows, and games.
- Spark your kid’s imagination at Science City, where hands-on exhibits focus on everything from the Earth and space to evolution and the science behind everyday occurrences.
- Let little ones run free in the Maidan (Esplanade), one of Kolkata’s largest urban green spaces.
- Book a private sightseeing tour of Kolkata, so you can explore the sights at your own pace and enjoy an itinerary personalized to suit younger travelers.
- Picnic amid giant centuries-old banyan trees, examine succulents in the cactus house, and go boating in a lake filled with giant lily pads at the sprawling Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Indian Botanic Garden.