Bramante Sacristy (Sacrestia del Bramante)
The Bramante Sacristy and Santa Maria delle Grazie church are connected by a cloister and both feature imposing architecture. In the sacristy, you can admire the ceiling painted with golden stars, peruse da Vinci’s sketches and notes, and stroll through the adjoining Cloister of Frogs—a peaceful space with a fountain and flower-lined walls. It’s possible to visit the Bramante Sacristy on some Milan city tours, which often include skip-the-line tickets to viewThe Last Supper.
Things to Know Before You Go
The Bramante Sacristy is a must-see for art and architecture lovers.
Tickets to the Bramante Sacristy do not include a visit toThe Last Supper, so arrange tickets to both separately or with a combination ticket.
Avoid long lines to Bramante’s complex and da Vinci’s masterpiece with skip-the-line tickets.
How to Get There
Take the M1 Metro Line to the Milan Cathedral (Duomo), and walk five minutes to the Bramante Sacristy. Alternatively, you can take tram 2, 3, 12, 14, or 16 to the Milan Cathedral stop.
When to Get There
The Bramante Sacristy is open daily, with limited hours on Mondays. Peak season in Milan and Italy is June, July, and August. Visit the city during the shoulder months to avoid crowds.
Why Was the Bramante Sacristy Built?
The Duke of Milan, Ludovico il Moro, commissioned the Bramante Sacristy andThe Last Supper in the Santa Maria delle Grazie. When the Sforza family came into power, the duke commissioned two great artists to expand the complex, which would become the ornately decorated mausoleum for the Sforza family.
- Things to do in Lombardy
- Things to do in Ferno
- Things to do in Lake Como
- Things to do in Parma
- Things to do in Genoa
- Things to do in Langhe-Roero and Monferrato
- Things to do in Turin
- Things to do in Verona
- Things to do in Davos
- Things to do in Lucerne
- Things to do in Bologna
- Things to do in Pisa
- Things to do in Zurich
- Things to do in Piedmont & Liguria
- Things to do in Swiss Alps
- Leonardo’s Vineyard (Vigna di Leonardo)
- Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie (Chiesa di Santa Maria delle Grazie)
- Da Vinci's Last Supper (Il Cenacolo)
- Leonardo da Vinci National Museum of Science and Technology
- Basilica of Sant'Ambrogio (Basilica di Sant'Ambrogio)
- Church of San Maurizio al Monastero Maggiore (Chiesa di San Maurizio al Monastero Maggiore)
- Sforza Castle (Castello Sforzesco)
- La Triennale Museum (La Triennale di Milano)
- Branca Tower (Torre Branca)
- Sempione Park (Parco Sempione)
- San Sepolcro Church (Chiesa di San Sepolcro)
- Arch of Peace (Arco della Pace)
- Codex Atlanticus
- Ambrosiana Museum and Library (Veneranda Biblioteca Ambrosiana)
- Columns of San Lorenzo (Colonne di San Lorenzo)
- Skip the Line for the Last Supper
- All Milan Skip the Line Tours
- Shopping in Milan
- Milan in 3 Days
- Lake Day Trips from Milan
- Romantic Things To Do in Milan
- Venice Day Trips from Milan
- Top Nightlife Experiences in Milan
- Milan Neighborhood Guide
- Top Parks and Gardens in Milan
- Swiss Alps Tours from Milan
- Milan for Art Lovers