Sandunovsky Baths (Sandunovskiye Bani) Tours and Activities
No visitor to Russia should leave without experiencing a traditional Russian bathhouse, and the Sandunovsky Baths (Sandunovskiye Bani) may be the best place to do so. Founded in 1808, this bathhouse is the largest and most impressive in Moscow, with high ceilings, marble staircases and gold frescoes throughout the interior. It also features a beauty salon, restaurant and laundry service. Called the “czar of bathhouses,” the Sandunovsky Baths are frequented not just by tourists but by Russian businessmen and socialites alike.
To follow the traditional Russian routine, head to the steam room for about 10 minutes, then jump into a pool of cold water and then do it all over again. Take a break in between to have a snack, enjoy a beer or sip a cup of tea. You might also get “beaten” with birch twigs while in the steam room—another longstanding Russian tradition. The women’s side of the baths today feels more like a modern salon, with other typical spa treatments also available.
Tours and Activities to Experience Sandunovsky Baths (Sandunovskiye Bani)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Sanduny Baths: Russian Bath Experience
- Moscow in 3 days comprehensive tour
- Sanduny Baths Visit and a City Tour: try Russian Sauna and Parenie!
- Moscow Culture Private Tour with Russian Bathhouse Experience
- Things to do in Nizhny Novgorod
- Things to do in St Petersburg
- Things to do in Kharkiv
- Things to do in Minsk
- Things to do in Kazan
- Things to do in Kiev
- Things to do in Vilnius
- Things to do in Riga
- Things to do in Tallinn
- Things to do in Helsinki
- Things to do in Volga Region
- Things to do in Sloboda Ukraine region
- Things to do in Volgograd
- Things to do in Southern Russia
- Things to do in Black Sea Coast