United States Treasury Building Tours and Activities
As seen on the back of the United States’ ten dollar bill, theUnited States Treasury Building is a National Historic Landmark and home of the United States Department of the Treasury. Its construction began in 1836, designed by the same architect who planned the Washington Monument. With five stories of height, the structure is surrounded by beautifully landscaped gardens. Statues of significant historic figures — including Alexander Hamilton, who was the first Secretary of the Treasury — surround the exterior.
The East Colonnade features 30 columns carved from the same single piece of granite, standing at 36 feet tall. Additions were then made to the original wings, and after 33 years of construction was completed. Upon its opening it became one of the largest office buildings in the world. The Treasury Building is one of the United States’ oldest monuments and is said to have influenced the style of the monuments that came after it.
Tours and Activities to Experience United States Treasury Building
Frequently Asked Questions
- Half-Day Grand Tour of Washington DC
- Washington DC National Mall Night Tour - Stops at 10 Iconic Attractions!
- Extended Monuments & Memorials Tour
- Private Washington DC Day Trip from New York
- Things to do in Philadelphia
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
- Things to do in Newark
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Brooklyn
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in Buffalo
- Things to do in Niagara Falls
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in Boston
- Things to do in Charleston
- Things to do in Pennsylvania
- Things to do in New Jersey
- Things to do in New York