See the Bay of Islands from water, land and air on this half-day tour that includes a boat cruise, island stopover and helicopter flight. Departing from Paihia, board the Sea Shuttle for a scenic boat ride, and stop for a few hours at Roberton Island to hike, swim or snorkel. Finish with a helicopter tour over the Bay of Islands and hover above the Hole in the Rock for great photo ops.
- Scenic cruise of the Bay of Islands from Paihia
- Swim, snorkel or relax on a remote island
- Helicopter flight over the Bay of Islands
Experience the spectacular beauty of the Bay of Islands with a boat cruise, island stopover and helicopter flight from Paihia. The Sea Shuttle takes you into the sparkling waters of the bay to remote Roberton Island (Motuarohia) where you’ll disembark at Cook’s Cove for a few hours.
Use your free time to explore the island however you wish: take a hike along one of the many nature tracks up to steep coastal cliffs for panoramic pictures of the bay; swim and snorkel an underwater trail; or simply sun yourself on the beach as you relax on shore. Bring along a picnic lunch as you will work up an appetite!
Later, board the Sea Shuttle and transfer to a helipad atop a large custom-built floating barge. You’ll take to the skies for bird’s-eye views of the famous Hole in the Rock, a natural formation only visible by sea or air, while your pilot provides commentary and points out the must-see sights. Then soar above the islands on the return helicopter flight to Pahia.
What to bring
• Please wear appropriate clothing and footwear for a beach visit
• Hats, sunscreen, swimwear/towels for swimming
• Picnic lunch and drinks
• Snorkeling equipment is available for hire, or alternatively you can bring your ownPlease note that there are restrictions on what will fit in the helicopter, so please bring only necessary items