16 to 365 days (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Discover the famous cities, natural wonders, and national parks of New Zealand’s South Island with a great-value yearlong travel pass. Enjoy unlimited access to the hop-on and hop-off buses, stopping at destinations including Christchurch, Queenstown, Franz Josef Glacier, Mount Cook National Park, and Abel Tasman National Park.
- New Zealand South Island Year-Long Hop-on Hop-off Bus Pass
- Design your own itinerary with access to nine different bus routes
- Journey all around the South Island, including Queenstown, Christchurch, Wanaka, and Nelson
- Hop off at destinations such as the Punakaiki Pancake Rocks, Lake Matheson, and Mt Cook
- Great-value pass includes unlimited travel for an entire year!
Saved to wishlist!
Fun and knowledgeable Stray Guide
Access to 'off the beaten track' destinations and national parks
Transport on modern, comfortable air-conditioned coaches
A wide selection of free and optional activities
Access to the exclusive Stray Mate app for special discounts
Flexibility - stay as long as you like in each destination and travel at your own pace.
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointChristchurch International Airport
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 3 departures per a week operate all year round
- The pass is valid for for travel for up to 12 months from the first date of travel
- Managing your pass: When you book only your start date is confirmed. You will able to download the Stray Mate app where you can view, book, amend all additional travel days for your pass. You can change your start, however you must 'start' travel within 12 months of the original purchase date.
- Accommodation and activities are not included with the price of this Freestyle Travel Pass.
- Most travel days will include a free activity which will be explained by your Guide (ie local walks and sight seeing). Optional Activities can be booked via the Stray Mate App.
- nsurance cover is not included in the price of a pass. We strongly recommend that you take insurance to cover you for cancellation, medical expenses, personal accident, personal baggage and public liability.
- Luggage is limited to one bag or suitcase per person (maximum weight of 15kgs), plus one day pack to carry onboard with your valuables. The carriage of any excess of oversized luggage is at Stray's discretion and must be approved prior to travel.
- This pass is subject to the Operators standard terms and conditions: www.straytravel.com/terms-and-conditions/
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- OPERATED BY Stray Limited
You can cancel up to 7 days in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 13949P12
Explore Similar Things to Do
Hop on Hop OffBus ToursBus ServicesMulti-day ToursTransportation ServicesMulti-day & Extended ToursTours & SightseeingTransfers & Ground TransportChristchurchHop on Hop Off - South IslandBus Tours - South IslandBus Services - South IslandMulti-day Tours - South IslandTransportation Services - South IslandCategory
Waimakariri RiverArthur's Pass National ParkMount HuttChurch of the Good ShepherdTransitional Cathedral (Cardboard Cathedral)WaiparaThe Court TheatreWaipara Springs Winery and CafePort HillsBurkes PassHagley ParkCanterbury MuseumBanks PeninsulaChristchurch GondolaWillowbank Wildlife ReserveMona ValeOrana Wildlife ParkCanterbury Earthquake National MemorialAvon RiverPegasus Bay Winery and Restaurant