Are you interested in?
39 Tours & Activities
On the Water
10 Tours & Activities
2 Tours & Activities
8 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Depart Placencia for one of the best and clearest snorkeling spots on Belize’s barrier reef, the marine reserve of Silk Cayes. A licensed guide gets you there and helps you gear up to safely explore colorful coral gardens teeming with lobsters, crabs, and colorful reef fish. Refuel with a Belizean-style lunch before splashing back in at a spot famous for attracting throngs of nurse sharks, sting rays, and sea turtles.
- Spend the day snorkeling at Silk Cayes, a protected group of islands on Belize's barrier reef
- The marine reserve offers crystal-clear water, pristine beaches, and healthy reefs
- Swim among nurse sharks and sting rays for a safe yet thrilling adventure
- Includes a picnic-style lunch or traditional Belizean barbecue
Saved to wishlist!
Pickup and Drop off along the main road in Placencia Village.
Licenced Snorkel Guide.
Lunch and Snacks
Use of Snorkel Vests or Life Jackets (available on request)
Use of Snorkeling equipment
Pickup and Drop off outside of Placencia Village (can arrange for US$ 10.00 per person)
Splash masks for sale for prices ranging from US$ 2.50 to $ 7.50.
Departure & Return
Departure PointSplash Dive Centre, 2287 Placencia Peninsula Road, Placencia 00000, Placencia, Belize
Traveler pickup is offered
We text guests to arrange time and place for pickup. We provide complimentary pickup and drop off along the main road in Placencia Village but charge US$ 10.00 per person for pickup/drop off north of Placencia Village.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Infant meals not included.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Splash Dive Center Limited (but shown as Splash Dive Shop on Trip Advisor)
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Snorkel the Perfect Tropical Isle Silk Caye with Turtles, Rays and Sharks?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Snorkel the Perfect Tropical Isle Silk Caye with Turtles, Rays and Sharks?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Snorkel the Perfect Tropical Isle Silk Caye with Turtles, Rays and Sharks?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Snorkel the Perfect Tropical Isle Silk Caye with Turtles, Rays and Sharks?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "What an amazing day , weather not great (cloudy and periodic rain, but little wind), but that didn't really matter because the highlight was underwater." See review
Product code: 43876P1
Explore Similar Things to Do
SnorkelingWater SportsOutdoor ActivitiesPlacenciaSnorkeling - HopkinsSnorkeling - San IgnacioSnorkeling - Belize CityCategory