Dubai’s winter brings respite from its blistering summer heat, drawing travelers who want to enjoy the beaches, city, and desert in warm—but not overly hot—climes. Check out these brilliant ways to see and experience Dubai between November and March, when the city is at its coolest and liveliest best.
- Enjoy Dubai’s balmy winter sunshine and check out its must-sees—including the Burj Khalifa and Burj Al Arab—in one trip, courtesy of an open-top hop-on hop-off bus tour.
- Re-create a freezing winter with a spin on Dubai Ice Rink, the city’s Olympic-sized indoor ice-skating venue.
- Head into Dubai’s desert to enjoy a 4x4 dune drive, sandboarding, camel riding, and a barbecue dinner at a Bedouin-inspired camp—all made comfortable by the relative cool of winter.
- Take a walking tour of old Dubai to experience its buzzing souks, traditional wind towers, and beautiful creek.
- See the sun rise over the desert on a dawn hot air balloon ride above the dunes, complete with a falcon-flying display from the basket.
- Swap the sun for the snow of Ski Dubai, an indoor winter wonderland popular for its ski slopes, toboggans, zorbing, and penguin parades.
- Count down to midnight and watch fireworks crackle above the city’s towers on a New Year’s Eve Arabian dhow dinner cruise on Dubai Creek.