All of the Canary Islands are special, but Lanzarote holds its own thanks to its otherworldly volcanic landscape. Since it’s only a short boat ride away from Fuerteventura, you can see the best of Lanzarote on a quick day trip. Here’s what you need to know.
- Explore the Cueva de los Verdes or dine inside a lava bubble at Jameos del Agua.
- Swim, surf, or catch some rays on Playa Famara or Playa Blanca.
- See the landscapes of Lanzarote through the eyes of native artist Cesar Manrique.
- Go wine tasting in the island’s La Geria region.
- Experience the volcanic landscapes of Timanfaya National Park.
- Snorkel, swim, or kayak in the clear waters of Papagayo Bay.
- Watch the waves crash into the cliffs at Los Hervideros.
- Shop in the Marina Rubicon outdoor craft market.
Things to Know
- Three ferry companies make the 25-minute ferry crossing between Corralejo in Fuerteventura and Playa Blanca in Lanzarote several times daily.
- Day trips from Fuerteventura can last upwards of 10 hours, depending on the option chosen
- Many tours include hotel pickup and drop-off in Fuerteventura.
- Lanzarote is one of the warmest islands in the Canaries, so remember to bring water, sunscreen, and a hat.
- The Canary Islands are an autonomous region of Spain and have the same visa requirements.