Although Lisbon is most famous for its ornate architecture and fado music, the cosmopolitan capital of Portugal offers families a diverse program of attractions and activities. Here are some of the best ways to keep kids entertained in Lisbon.
- Spend the day at Parque das Nacoes, home to the futuristic Lisbon Oceanarium (Oceanário de Lisboa) and a cable car that offers panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean. Segway tours provide a fun way to travel from the park to attractions.
- Travel back in time with a Virtual Reality experience, which uses cutting-edge technology to transport you to bygone eras and injects immersive fun into traditional sightseeing tours.
- Explore on a hop-on hop-off bus, which allows you to create your own family-friendly itinerary rather than following a set schedule.
- Sample Portuguese treats at Time Out Market Lisbon, where diverse street food stalls are sure to appeal to even the pickiest of eaters.
- See the fairy-tale palaces of Sintra on a private day trip, which can be personalized to appeal to younger travelers. Sintra’s brightly colored castles and mysterious grottoes are sure to intrigue kids.
- Take an electric bike tour and ascend to the summits of Lisbon’s seven hills without breaking a sweat.
- Escape to the beach in Cascais, where you can swim in the Atlantic Ocean, go paddleboarding, and enjoy an ice cream on the sand.