With its fine white sands, turquoise waters, and clear blue skies, Anguilla is an earthly paradise for beach lovers. For those visiting neighboring St. Maarten, this idyllic Caribbean island is an easily accessible day trip. Here’s what you need to know about Anguilla day trips from St. Maarten.
- Choose a tour that involves sipping Champagne while sailing across the glassy Caribbean waters.
- Don a snorkel and swim among schools of tropical fish off the shore of Prickly Pear Cays, a pair of uninhabited islets off the coast of Anguilla.
- Tuck into succulent Caribbean barbecue at a beachside grill.
- Lie out on the soft sand or swim in the warm waters of Shoal Bay, Rendezvous Bay, Maundays Bay, Sandy Island, and Meads Bay.
Things to Know
- Journey times to Anguilla can be as short as 15 to 20 minutes if you’re departing from Marigot on the north coast on the French St. Martin side of the island. From Simpson Bay on the southern Dutch St. Maarten side of the island, water taxis to Anguilla take 20 to 25 minutes.
- If you want to explore Anguilla independently, opt for a round-trip transfer. Alternatively, try a guided sightseeing tour that includes visits to various beaches and bays. For the ultimate luxury experience, consider a private charter.
- Most day trips from St. Maarten last six to eight hours.
- Many tours include lunch, on-board refreshments, and the use of snorkel gear. Immigration fees are typically not included.