4 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Crete’s winemaking history dates back to ancient times and this half-day tasting tour will take you to one of the island’s oldest wineries. Visit a 17th-century monastery in the foothills of the White Mountains, learn about the historic winemaking process, and sample fine wines, olive oils, and cheeses produced by the Cretan monks.
- 4.5-hour Chania Monastery Holy Wine Tasting tour
- Visit a historic monastery, famous for its winemaking heritage
- Sample Cretan wines such as Trebianno and Romeiko, paired with cheeses and regional specialties
- Enjoy magnificent views of the mountains and vineyards around Chania
- Great-value tour includes hotel pickup, wine tasting, and round-trip transport
- Small-group tour limited to 15 people ensures a personalized experience
Saved to wishlist!
Entrance fee for the Monastery and museums
Wine and food tasting
Hotel pickup and drop-off
English speaking, local driver/escort and wine
Transport by luxury air-conditioned minivan
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Additional food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Provide the exact name of your accommodation place or your cruise ship.
- Souda port, Chania, Crete, Greece
The departure times depends on the hotel's location. Please note that a pick up can be from 09:00 am until 10:00 am.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wine tasting is not allowed for children under 18 years old. Water or fresh orange juice will be offered instead.
- The company reserves the right to make minor changes in the program when this is considered necessary, for example in case of unfavorable weather conditions. This can be done without prior notice.
- If a tour is cancelled due to too few participants or bad weather conditions, the company will refund 100% of made payments
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY GS TOURS CHANIA
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private tour - The secrets of the Cretan monastery wines?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Private tour - The secrets of the Cretan monastery wines?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private tour - The secrets of the Cretan monastery wines?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private tour - The secrets of the Cretan monastery wines?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Product code: 14529P7
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsFood ToursBus ToursWine TastingsPorts of Call ToursHalf-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeShore ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingChaniaShore Excursions - CreteFood Tours - CreteBus Tours - CreteWine Tastings - CretePorts of Call Tours - CreteHalf-day Tours - CreteCategory