Are you interested in?
- King Ludwig II's Royal Castles day trip from Munich
- Admire lush Bavaria on route to Neuschwanstein and Linderhof, both built by Germany’s 'mad' King Ludwig II
- Tour (own expense) the inside of the lavish Linderhof or visit the Moorish Pavilion in the grounds
- Ogle the hilltop Neuschwanstein, the model for Disney's Sleeping Beauty castle
- Enjoy free time to tour Neuschwanstein’s interior (own expense) and explore its grounds and Hohenschwangau village
- Learn about the ‘mad’ Ludwig and his desire to create his own fantasy castles
- Enjoy a shopping stop in postcard-pretty Oberammergau, famous for its Passion Play
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
In front of GALERIA Kaufhof department store, Karlsplatz 21/Stachus. Please be at the departure point 20 minutes prior departure.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please do not pre-purchase entry tickets to the Royal Castle Neuschwanstein and Linderhof. Please pay these fees to your guide so that group entry can be purchased
- Please note this tour does not allow time to see the Venus Grotto. The Venus Grotto is also closed at the time due to restauration work till 2022.
- The coach has a toilet on board
- A moderate amount of walking is involved to reach the castles
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Our post Covid-19 hygienic measurments: New safety distances for boarding, Adjusted seat distance and capacity, Obligation to wear a face covering, Hand sanitizer available on all buses, Ventilation of passenger compartments, Deep-clean of passenger compartments, Contactless boarding using online tickets.
- Full proof of vaccination, proof of a Covid-19 infection in the past 6 months, or a negative test taken no more than 24 hours before the activity starts is / might be required. Depending on the COIVD-19 infection numbers.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 78 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Sightseeing Munich
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "It's about a 30 minute walk up hill to get to the entrance of the castle so wear your hiking shoes!" See review
- "Make sure you have comfortable walking shoes as there is a lot of walking even if you do take the bus up the mountain!" See review
- "Have lunch first because you won't be able to later." See review