Are you interested in?
St. Mark's Basilica (Basilica di San Marco) Tours
167 Tours & Activities
435 Tours & Activities
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
904 Tours & Activities
7 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
First time in Venice? Maximize your time in the city with a full-day itinerary that ticks off all the most memorable attractions. Stroll across the Rialto Bridge and browse the lively Rialto fish market, then hop aboard a traditional gondola for a romantic cruise along the Grand Canal. Next, access St. Mark’s Basilica and gaze down over the city from the cathedral’s rooftop terrace. Finally, enjoy skip-the-line entrance to the grandiose Doge’s Palace. This small-group tour is limited to 20 people ensuring a personalized experience.
- Full-day ‘Venice in One Day’ sightseeing tour
- Witness local life on a walking tour of Venice’s colorful neighborhoods and the Rialto markets
- Cruise along the Grand Canal on a romantic gondola ride
- Visit St. Mark’s Basilica and take in the views from the terrace
- Explore the magnificent Doge’s Palace on a guided tour
- Small-group tour limited to 20 people ensures a personalized experience
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
This tour combines a trio of essential Venice experiences with the intimacy of a small group.
Saved to wishlist!
Venice walking tour including local Venetian English speaking guide
Venice gondola ride with no more than 6 people (unguided)
Small groups of 20 people or fewer for walking section
Headsets when necessary
Transportation in between the tours
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- St. Mark's Basilica can be subject to unforeseen closures due to particular liturgical celebrations. In the case in which the basilica is closed, we will give you explanations from the outside.
- Please note that lunch is not included on this tour. We have allowed time for you to eat lunch between the AM and PM tours. Your guide will give you recommendations and tell you where to meet after lunch but please be aware that it is your responsibility to arrive at the meeting point in time for your PM tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The prisons and the armory of the Doge's Palace are not wheelchair-accessible, as a result of which we cannot accommodate wheelchairs on this tour.
- Please remember that the basilica is a holy place and attire must be appropriate: Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees. Walks of Italy cannot be held responsible for denied entry due to improper dress. Backpacks are prohibited inside of St. Mark's Basilica.
- This tour runs rain or shine. However, please note that the gondola ride cannot operate during heavy rain or high tides. In this case we will provide an alternative itinerary.
- After your 2-hour exploration of Venice, your guide drops you off at the Gondola Stand for a relaxing gondola ride. The guide will not be with you on the gondola.
- Backpacks are prohibited inside of St. Mark's Basilica.
- Please note that it is not possible to bring large backpacks on the tour.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- From August 6th 2021, all Italy sites we visit will require clients and guides alike to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test completed within 48 hours prior to entry. They will also require a legal form of ID matching the vaccination or test results. More info on the Italian Government website
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Walks - Italy, Spain & Greece
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Group or Private Venice In a Day: Basilica San Marco, Doges Palace & Gondola ?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Group or Private Venice In a Day: Basilica San Marco, Doges Palace & Gondola ?
A:The policy on sanitization is:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
What is the social distancing policy during Group or Private Venice In a Day: Basilica San Marco, Doges Palace & Gondola ?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Product code: 15693P31
Compare Similar Experiences
Group or Private Venice In a Day: Basilica San Marco, Doges Palace & Gondola
7 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 45 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
City ToursGondola CruisesWater ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingVeniceCity Tours - VenetoGondola Cruises - VenetoWater Tours - VenetoWalking Tours - VenetoHistorical Tours - VenetoFull-day Tours - VenetoCity Tours - TrevisoGondola Cruises - TrevisoWater Tours - TrevisoWalking Tours - TrevisoHistorical Tours - TrevisoFull-day Tours - TrevisoCity Tours - PaduaGondola Cruises - PaduaWater Tours - PaduaWalking Tours - PaduaHistorical Tours - PaduaFull-day Tours - PaduaCategory
Basilica of St. Anthony of Padua (Basilica di Sant'Antonio di Padova)Ca' Rezzonico Aquafollie The Family Water Park Caorle Venice Music Museum (Museo della Musica)AqualandiaVenice Cruise Port (Terminal Crociere Venezia)Church of Santa Maria dei Miracoli (Chiesa di Santa Maria dei Miracoli)BuranoRialto Fish Market (Mercato di Rialto)Accademia Bridge (Ponte dell'Accademia)Mocenigo Palace (Palazzo Mocenigo)Querini Stampalia Foundation (Fondazione Querini Stampalia)Frari Church (Basilica dei Frari)San Lazzaro degli ArmeniVenice Lido (Lido di Venezia)Campo San BartolomeoCampo San LucaSan Gallo Theater (Teatro San Gallo)Venice IslandsVenice Santa Lucia Station (Stazione di Venezia Santa Lucia)