The best way to explore Kurfürstendamm is by foot. On a guided walking tour, travelers can visit the best spots along the street, stop and browse through shops, admire the historic buildings, and enjoy coffee at the legendary Romanisches Café. Berlin city tours often include a drive along Kurfürstendamm, while Berlin hop-on hop-off bus tours stop at multiple attractions along the street, including the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church and Berlin Zoo, en-route to nearby sights such as Tiergarten Park and Charlottenburg Palace.
Things to Know Before You Go
Kurfürstendamm is a must-see for avid shoppers and culture lovers.
Free Wi-Fi hotspots are located along the shopping street.
How to Get There
Kurfürstendamm is roughly two miles (3.5 kilometers) long and runs from Grunewald’s Rathenauplatz square in the west, to Charlottenburg’s Breitscheidplatz square in the east. At the eastern end of the street, the closest U-Bahn (metro) stations are Zoo and Kurfürstendamm.
When to Get There
Kurfürstendamm is one of Berlin’s busiest streets and is a lively destination at all hours of the day and night. Shoppers should head there from Monday through Saturday and opt for an early start to avoid crowds, while those who want to enjoy Kurfürstendamm’s nightlife should arrive in the evening hours to visit bars, theaters, and nightclubs. The holiday season is a particularly picturesque time to visit, when the street hosts some of Berlin’s most impressive festive illuminations.
Shopping along Kurfürstendamm
Berlin’s famous KaDeWe department store and the huge Europacenter mall are a must-see for shoppers, located a short walk from Breitscheidplatz near the remains of the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church. Continuing west along Kurfürstendamm, you’ll find everything from discount souvenir stalls to high-street favorites and flagship designer stores including Yves Saint Laurent, Chanel, and Louis Vuitton. Side streets such as Fasanenstraße, Knesebeckstraße, and Bleibtreustraße are also lined with designer boutiques.
- Things to do in Potsdam
- Things to do in Rostock
- Things to do in Poznan
- Things to do in Hamburg
- Things to do in Karlovy Vary
- Things to do in Prague
- Things to do in Wroclaw
- Things to do in Copenhagen
- Things to do in Nuremberg
- Things to do in Gdansk
- Things to do in Munich
- Things to do in Warsaw
- Things to do in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
- Things to do in Northern Germany
- Things to do in Bohemia
- Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church (Kaiser-Wilhelm Gedächtniskirche)
- Photography Museum (Museum für Fotografie)
- Berlin Zoo and Aquarium
- KaDeWe (Kaufhaus des Westens)
- Bauhaus Archive Museum of Design (Bauhaus-Archiv Museum für Gestaltung)
- Berlin Victory Column (Siegessäule)
- Tiergarten Park
- Schwules Museum (Gay Museum)
- Wintergarten Berlin
- Art Library (Kunstbibliothek)
- MACHmit! Museum for Children (Kindermuseum MachtMit)
- German-Russian Museum Berlin-Karlshorst
- Gemälde Gallery (Gemaeldegalerie)
- Museum of Decorative Arts (Kunstgewerbemuseum)