This untouched temple is one of Cambodia’s most important—and least visited—making it the perfect destination for travelers seeking to experience the beauty of the nation’s past without the chaos of tourists. Some 56 towers decorated with faces and religious scenes stretch up to the sky through the thick jungle.
This impressive temple dates back to the Angkorian period and offers iconic examples of Buddhist images and bas-reliefs. The natural forest overgrowth and somewhat crumbling remains lend a haunting feel to this truly beautiful historic wonder, which offers travelers a perfect mix of beauty and decay temples like Banteay Chhmar are known for.
What's the best way to experience Banteay Chhmar?
- Full-Day Private Banteay Chhmar Tour with Guide and Transport
- Private Guide A Day Trip To Banteay Chhmar Temple From Siem Reap
- 2-Day Private Cultural Tour of Battambang and Banteay Chhmar
- Banteay Chhmar Temple 1 Day Tour from Siem Reap
Things to do near Cambodia
- Things to do in Siem Reap
- Things to do in Phnom Penh
- Things to do in Angkor Wat
- Things to do in Sihanoukville
- Things to do in Battambang
- Things to do in Kratie
- Things to do in Krong Kaeb
- Things to do in Thailand
- Things to do in Laos
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in Ko Chang
- Things to do in Southern Vietnam
- Things to do in Gulf of Thailand