From riding Space Mountain to flying with Peter Pan and snapping a selfie with Mickey Mouse, few theme parks serve up as much fairy-tale magic as Disneyland®. With some 14 million annual visitors, Disneyland® Paris is Europe’s biggest and busiest theme park, boasting adrenaline-fueled rides, state-of-the-art movie sets, and spectacular shows and parades that make it a fantasyland for kids and adults alike.
Two theme parks make up Disneyland® Paris—the Disneyland® Park and the Walt Disney Studios® Park—and a variety of ticket options are available. Choose from single-day and multi-day passes, hopper tickets that allow full-access to both parks, and FASTPASS® tickets that offer skip-the-line entrance to the most popular rides and attractions. It’s impossible to see everything on a day tour, so if you only have a one-day pass, plan your schedule carefully to ensure you don’t miss the shows, parades, and rides that most interest you. To ensure a hassle-free vacation, pre-book a one-way or round-trip transfer to Disneyland Resort® Paris from your Paris hotel or Charles de Gaulle Airport.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Bring comfortable shoes and be prepared to do lots of walking.
- Be prepared to wait in line for up to two hours for popular rides at peak times, especially in the busiest months of July and August.
- Disneyland® Paris is wheelchair accessible, priority access is offered to many rides and attractions, and full accessibility maps are available.
- Wheelchairs, strollers, and pushchairs are available for rent inside the park.
- Families with young kids can take advantage of Baby Switch, which allows one parent to wait with younger children, without having to get back in line for their turn.
- Budget travelers can save on costs by bringing a refillable water bottle (drinking water fountains are located around the park), a packed lunch, and snacks—eating out in the Disney Village can be pricey.
How to Get There
Disneyland® Paris is located 20 miles (32 kilometers) east of Paris in Marne-la-Vallée. The RER A train from central Paris takes about 40 minutes to reach the Marne-la-Vallée/Chessy station, and regular shuttle buses run to and from the Orly and Charles de Gaulle airports. Private transfers and taxis typically take about an hour, depending on traffic.
When to Get There
Disneyland® Paris is open year-round, and most attractions, shows, and parades run even in low season. The busiest and most crowded times are the summer and Christmas holidays, when lines are long but opening hours are extended. Those on a budget can find deals by visiting in the low season (November to March) or midweek rather than on weekends, but be aware that there will be fewer shows. For an extra dose of Disney magic, visit during special events such as Halloween, Bonfire Night (early November), New Year’s Eve, or Christmas.
Must-Do Experiences at Disneyland® Paris
At Disneyland® Park, the most popular rides include Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain: Mission 2, Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast, Indiana Jones™ and the Temple of Peril, and Pirates of the Caribbean. The top rides at Walt Disney Studios® Park are Ratatouille: The Ride, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster® Starring Aerosmith, and Flying Carpets Over Agrabah. Other must-do experiences include meet-and-greets with Disney characters, the Disney parades, a ride on the Disneyland® Railroad, and the chance to have dinner with Mickey Mouse.