Country music legend Dolly Parton is co-owner of Dollywood, a family-centered theme park in the Smoky Mountains of Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. Amusements include more than 40 rides and attractions, 15 live shows, and several large seasonal festivals inspired by Dolly Parton and the history of the Smoky Mountains.
The 150-acre (61-hectare) Dollywood theme park welcomes around 2.5 million visitors annually, making it Tennessee’s top ticketed attraction. Visitors can choose between 1-, 2-, or 3-day tickets that grant access to all rides, shows, and attractions. Travelers planning to spend more time in the Smoky Mountains region should consider a multi-attraction pass, which includes entrance to Dollywood, as well as Anakeesta, Titanic Museum, Ole Smoky Moonshine distillery, and the Island in Pigeon Forge.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Dollywood is a must-visit for families, and theme park or Dolly Parton enthusiasts.
- Buy a mobile ticket ahead of time to skip the line (and hassle) at the ticket office.
- Wear comfortable shoes and be prepared to walk; flip-flops are not allowed on some rides.
- Bring along sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat, and remember to stay hydrated.
- A majority of the park is wheelchair accessible, as are many rides and attractions.
How to Get There
Dollywood is located in Pigeon Forge, 35 miles (56 kilometers) southeast of Knoxville. The best way to get there is to drive, but it’s also possible to ride the Fun Time Trolley from Pigeon Forge.
When to Get There
For the best balance of good weather and short lines for attractions, plan to visit on a weekday in spring or autumn. Plan to arrive first thing in the morning if you’re visiting during spring break, summer, or on a weekend. The park closes for much of January, February, and March.
TimeSaver Line Management Pass
Dollywood is one of Tennessee’s most popular attractions, so ride lines can be long. Visitors who want to make the most of their time in the park can purchase a TimeSaver pass, which allows for expedited access to select rides and shows throughout the day.