Pouring down a hillside in Rio’s South Zone, the one-square-mile (2.6-square-kilometer) Rocinha favela is crammed with a colorful maze of cement buildings, tin roofs, and upwards of 180,000 residents living in challenging socioeconomic conditions. The district is considered the largest favela in Brazil, complete with a culture and history of its own, and has entered a period of renaissance, with urban gardens, community art projects, and educational services revitalizing the neighborhood little by little.
Ways to experience Rocinha
Browse. Filter. Book.
Should I book Rocinha tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Rocinha 2020?
What's the best way to experience Rocinha?
- Favela Tour Rocinha and Vila Canoas in Rio de Janeiro
- Rocinha Favela Walking Tour
- Rio de Janeiro Favela Jeep Tour
- Favela Tour of Rocinha in Rio de Janeiro
Things to do near Rio de Janeiro
- Things to do in Southeast Brazil
- Things to do in Búzios
- Things to do in Paraty
- Things to do in Santos
- Things to do in Belo Horizonte
- Things to do in Sao Paulo
- Things to do in Curitiba
- Things to do in Balneario Camboriu
- Things to do in Florianopolis
- Things to do in South Brazil
- Things to do in Northeast Brazil
- Things to do in Porto Seguro
- Things to do in The Pampas
- Things to do in Northwest Argentina