Puritama Hot Springs (Termas Baños de Puritama)
The Puritama Hot Springs are about 30 km (19 mi) north of of San Pedro de Atacama, which most people use as a base. This popular tourist town tempts travelers with treks to several other amazing destinations, including Moon Valley, Atacama Salt Lake, Licancabur Volcano, El Tatio geysers, and some of Chile's most important archaeological sites.
San Pedro's small airport has regular flights to Santiago and elsewhere in the region, while buses connect the town to Calama, Antofagasta, San Salvador de Jujuy (Argentina), and Uyuni (Bolivia).
You must have private transportation, or book a tour, to visit the hot springs, as there are no public buses. Cars can be hired in San Pedro.
- Cejar Lagoon (Laguna Cejar)
- Pukara de Quitor
- Institute of Archaeological Research and R. P. G. Le Page Museum (Instituto de Investigacio
- Church of San Pedro de Atacama
- Rainbow Valley (Valle del Arcoiris)
- El Tatio Geysers
- Atacama Desert
- Tulor Village
- Moon Valley (Valle de la Luna)
- Los Flamencos National Reserve (Reserva Nacional Los Flamencos)
- Ojos del Salar
- Tebenquiche Lagoon
- Atacama Salt Flats (Salar de Atacama)
- Chaxa Lagoon (Laguna Chaxa)