A trip to Seville would be incomplete without a visit to its most popular attraction. The UNESCO World Heritage Site is included in just about every city tour, along with sites like the Royal Alcazar of Seville, Plaza de Espana, and Torre del Oro. Those pressed for time can opt for skip-the-line or early access to the cathedral. It’s also possible to see the cathedral, as well as other Seville highlights, on a day trip from Marbella, Jerez, or Granada.
Recent reviews from experiences in Seville
Things to Know Before You Go
See the cathedral as part of a city sightseeing tour, or choose a tour with early access or skip-the-line entrance.
Choose between a single attraction ticket or a combined ticket with the Iglesia del Salvador.
Remember to dress respectfully—no shorts or sleeveless tops.
English audio guides are available inside the cathedral.
Wear comfortable walking shoes, especially if you plan to climb the bell tower.
How to Get There
The cathedral is in the Centro Histórico on Avenida de la Constitución. The easiest way to reach the cathedral by public transportation is to ride the Metro-Centro tram, which runs past the cathedral.
When to Get There
Seville Cathedral is open daily throughout the year, with limited hours on Sundays, with daily mass held each morning. Expect long ticket lines during peak summer season (June to August).
Climbing the Giralda Bell Tower
For some of the best views of Seville, set aside some time to climb up the 34 ramps leading to the top of Giralda Tower. The ramps (and lack of stairs) date back to when the tower was a minaret of the mosque, and horses would ascend the tower five times daily for the call to prayer.
- Things to do in Andalucia
- Things to do in Cádiz
- Things to do in Cordoba
- Things to do in Benahavis
- Things to do in Marbella
- Things to do in Tarifa
- Things to do in Malaga
- Things to do in Faro
- Things to do in Granada
- Things to do in Portimao
- Things to do in Lisbon
- Things to do in Fez
- Things to do in Madrid
- Things to do in Costa del Sol
- Things to do in The Algarve
- General Archive of the Indies (Archivo General de Indias)
- The Giralda (El Giraldillo)
- Barrio Santa Cruz
- Royal Alcázar of Seville (Real Alcázar de Sevilla)
- El Arenal District
- Santa Cruz
- Hospital de los Venerables
- Flamenco Dance Museum (Museo del Baile Flamenco)
- Casa de la Guitarra
- Aire Ancient Baths Sevilla
- Church of the Divine Savior (Iglesia del Salvador)
- Seville Bullring (Plaza de Toros de la Maestranza de Cabellería de Sevilla)
- Torre del Oro
- Los Gallos Tablao Flamenco
- Seville Opera (Sevilla de Opera)