Start your 2.5-hour dinner tour of Christchurch from Cathedral Junction, where you’ll board the beautifully restored Christchurch Tramway. Professional waitstaff take you to your 2-person or 4-person table in the air-conditioned tramcar restaurant, which holds a maximum of 36 guests.
You’re served a welcome drink, followed by a 4-course meal prepared with a seasonal menu (see sample in Itinerary below). Coffee and tea service accompanies dessert, and alcoholic drinks are available to purchase. Relax as you dine, chat with your companions and take in the sights of central Christchurch.
After dinner, the tram makes its way back to Cathedral Junction where your tour ends. (Click on the 'View additional info' link below to see a map of the tram route.)
Sample menu Please Note: The menu changes seasonally, every 3 months. Below is a sample only and may not be the meal you receive on the day.
Chef’s amuse bouche
First course (choice of one):
• Gruyère and semolina quenelles (oval-shaped dumplings) encased in a rich Italian tomato sauce, topped with parmesan and baked until golden
• Blackcurrant tea–infused venison loin on a balsamic-roasted beetroot marshmallow with blackcurrant chutney
• Akaroa smoked salmon parcel, fennel, dill, orange and preserved lemon salad, with crispy lavashMain course (choice of one):
• Herb-crusted Canterbury lamb rack, with dauphinoise potatoes, sticky red cabbage, minted pea puree and red currant jus
• Talbot Forest brie-stuffed chicken supreme with sweet potato, baby corn galette, creamed leeks, crispy parma ham and rich jus
• Lemon- and herb-crusted hapuka fillet, saffron potatoes, watercress and shellfish bisque, topped with roast pepper salsa
• Roast autumn vegetable stack in a rosemary and baby pea broth, topped with salsa rossaDessert (choice of one):
• Lemon curd cheesecake with raspberry coulis, creme fraiche, white chocolate curl and freeze-dried raspberries
• Whittaker's dark chocolate tart in a ground almond and hazelnut crust with apricot coulis