3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Discover the natural beauty and wildlife of the Milford Sound on a cruise that includes admission to the Milford Sound Underwater Observatory. Choose from several options for your cruise, depending on the amount of time you have available and the level of detail you desire. Get close to towering rock walls and waterfalls, and see the aquatic world through the windows of the observatory. Lunch, as well as onboard coffee and tea are included with all cruise options.
- Choice of cruises allows for a customized visit
- Milford Sound Underwater Observatory admission ticket provided
- Complimentary tea and coffee, as well as lunch included with all cruise options
- Suitable for visitors of all ages
Saved to wishlist!
Milford Sound Nature Cruise
Freshly prepared Picnic Lunch
Visit to the Milford Sound Underwater Observatory
Complimentary tea and coffee on board the boat
Coffee and/or Tea
Alcoholic drinks, snacks and bottled water (available to purchase)
Transportation to/from attractions
On arrival at Milford Sound you can park at the Milford Sound carpark at a fee of $20 for 5 hours.
Departure & Return
Departure PointMilford Sound / Piopiotahi, Southland 9679, New Zealand
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise of your country of origin at the time of booking
- Infant meals not included
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Commentary in English only, translation sheets on cruise highlights are provided on board cruise
- Vegetarian options are available, please advise at time of booking if required
- If you are visiting us between 1 December - 30 April please arrive at Milford 1 hour prior to departure to allow time for parking
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Car Parking: On arrival at Milford Sound you can park at the Milford Sound carpark at a fee of $20 for 5 hours. Please allow 10 minutes to walk from the main carpark to the Milford Wharf Visitor Centre. Alternatively, you can park free of charge at Deepwater Basin Carpark and walk over to Freshwater Basin to the Cruise Terminal. This walk is approximately 30 minutes in duration, so additional time will need to be allocated in order to do this comfortably and arrive at the terminal 15 minutes prior to your cruise for check-in.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Southern Discoveries
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Milford Sound Cruise Including Underwater Observatory and Lunch?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Milford Sound Cruise Including Underwater Observatory and Lunch?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Factor extra time (~10 mins) to walk from carpark to wharf." See review
Product code: 3960P13
Explore Similar Things to Do
Dining ExperiencesLunch CruisesDay CruisesWater ToursHalf-day ToursWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingFiordland & Milford SoundDining Experiences - South IslandLunch Cruises - South IslandDay Cruises - South IslandWater Tours - South IslandHalf-day Tours - South IslandCategory