In this 4-hour culinary experience, we will first start off with a visit to the most popular fresh market in Florence- market of Sant'Ambrogio. I personally do my shopping here everyday at the market of Sant'Ambrogio, because it is a fantastic place where there are still farmers and producers that sell seasonal vegetables. In this market visit, we can discuss the dish, and I will guide you on how to select the best fresh, organic and local ingredients.
Afterwards, we will come to my home for a hands-on 3-course cooking class. This includes making fresh handmade pasta and even learning how to make some of the most traditional Tuscan dishes.
We will then enjoy the fruit of our labor together. It would be my pleasure to dine with you and share stories about food, wine, culture, and everything else under the sun, over a hearty meal.
This will be a 3-course hands-on cooking class. You get to choose one dish from each course from the following menu:
- Tagliatelle with fresh tomatoes sauce or with wild asparagus sauce or with mushrooms
- Ravioli filled with ricotta and spinach dressed with butter and sage
- Gnocchi with fresh tomatoes sauce or with ragù (meat sauce)
- Peposo (Peppery Tuscan Beef Stew)
- Chicken or rabbit cacciatora (Cacciatore meal prepared "hunter-style" with onions, herbs, usually tomatoes, bell peppers, and wine)
- Pork tenderloin
- Meat balls bolognese with beef and mortadella with hot tomatoes sauce
- Strawberry mousse
- Cantuccini (the famous Italian almond biscuits)
- Tart with Jam
A bottle of DOCG Tuscan wine is included.