Are you interested in?
- 7-hour small-group day tour of Lantau Island
- Small-group tour limited to nine people provides an intimate experience
- Ride the Ngong Ping Cable Car up to Big Buddha (Tian Tan Buddha)
- Stop at a UNESCO site in the village of Tai O for lunch
- Learn about Taoism as you visit a temple from the 1400s
- Take a boat ride, and see stilt houses up close
- This tour involves about 7.5 miles (12 km) of walking
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Start off your day with a 25-minute ride on the Ngong Ping Cable Car, as you take in sights of one of Hong Kong’s largest islands. Your cable car stops when you get up to Big Buddha (Tian Tan Buddha). Here you can learn about Buddhism, and climb up 268 steps to the top. Also, visit the Po Lin Monastery and the Hall of 10,000 Buddhas.
From there, take a 20-minute public bus ride over to the village of Tai O. Stop by two shrimp sauce production factories and a Taoist temple. Stop for lunch at the old police station, which is now a UNESCO-recognized heritage hotel. Hop aboard a boat, and cruise as you spot stilt houses built right up on the water.
Once your time on the island has come to an end, travel back to Tung Chung MTR station by public bus.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour does involve a lot of walking. At most you can expect to walk about 12km. Please be aware that the most you can reduce it to will be about 8km if you opt not to walk to the lookout point for the Macau bridge. You will be going at a slow pace, across flat land but you do need to be in reasonable health and fitness. There is one long stint of walking in particular where you will need to be able to cover about 3km without rests. This is a public group tour and there is no option to modify the route for those that struggle with the walking requirements. If you wish to visit the Big Buddha up close you will need to be able to climb up 268 steps.
- Please also inform us if you are travelling with children under 12 years of age.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Cancellation Policy: If you cancel more than one week (more than 168 hours) in advance we will give you a full refund (excluding credit card processing charges. If you cancel between 7 days and 2 days (between 167 and 48 hours before) we will give you a 50% refund (excluding any service charge). There are no refunds if you cancel less than 48 hours' notice.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- OPERATED BY Hello Hong Kong
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Full Day Lantau Island Small Group Tour in Hong Kong.