As one of Santiago’s most notable neighborhoods, most full- or half-day city tours pass through Bellavista, as do multi-day, multi-destination excursions in central Chile. Ideal if it’s your first-time in the region, these tours—whether by bike, on foot, or by car—typically include visits to Lastarria, Cerro San Cristóbal, and La Vega Central too. For more specialized tours, opt for a nightlife, food, or market tour through Bellavista and beyond or make the most of your visit and combine a Santiago city tour with a visit to nearby wineries.
Things to Know Before You Go
Bellavista is a must-visit for art lovers in Santiago, whether you’re interested in street art or avant-garde galleries.
Dining options range from budget to high-end in Bellavista.
Look out for lapis lazuli jewelry in Bellavista’s boutiques—this semi-precious stone is prolific in Chile.
Bellavista is mostly wheelchair accessible, although some of the neighborhood’s attractions and restaurants may not be.
How to Get There
Bellavista is situated close to Santiago’s downtown and within easy walking distance of most of the city’s main attractions, although it’s also well-connected by public transit. The closest metro station is Baquedano (Red and Green lines). Rideshare services, as well as hop-on-hop-off bus routes, also operate in and around Bellavista.
When to Get There
Santiago is at its quietest and warmest best during the spring and fall shoulder seasons, although the Bellavista neighborhood proves popular among visitors year-round. If you’re in Santiago on a Sunday evening, the Bellavista neighborhood is one of the few places you’ll find open restaurants.
What to Do in Santiago
Although Bellavista is one of Santiago’s most appealing and centrally located neighborhoods, the city has plenty more to offer curious travelers. Stroll around the downtown for a glimpse into Chilean history; eat your way through the popular La Vega and Central markets; or take an offbeat tour of the Cementerio General (General Cemetery).
- Cosas que hacer en San Antonio
- Cosas que hacer en Mendoza
- Cosas que hacer en Puerto Montt
- Cosas que hacer en Las Pampas
- Cosas que hacer en Noroeste de Argentina
- Cosas que hacer en Patagonia
- Cosas que hacer en Altiplano
- Cosas que hacer en Costa Sur
- Cosas que hacer en Amazonas peruano
- Cosas que hacer en Región Sudeste de Brasil
- La Chascona
- Cerro San Cristóbal (Cerro San Cristóbal)
- Parque Forestal (Parque Forestal)
- Iglesia de San Francisco (Iglesia de San Francisco)
- Palacio de Bellas Artes
- Barrio Lastarria
- Cerro Santa Lucía (Cerro Santa Lucía)
- Mercado Central de La Vega
- Biblioteca Nacional de Chile (Biblioteca Nacional de Chile)
- Casa Roja (Casa Colorada)
- Mercado Central de Santiago (Mercado Central de Santiago)
- Museo Nacional de Historia Natural (Museo Nacional de Historia Natural)
- Iglesia de Santo Domingo (Iglesia de Santo Domingo)
- Oficina Central de Correos
- Catedral Metropolitana (Catedral Metropolitana)