Con arquitectura neoclásica, un eficiente sistema de metro y una gran cantidad de centros turísticos de montaña y bodegas cercanas, Santiago es una de las ciudades más glamorosas y atractivas de América del Sur. A continuación, le indicamos cómo aprovechar al máximo una visita de 3 días.
Termas de Chillan’s elevated position—at 5,248 feet (1,600 meters) above sea level—means that it’s home to some of the area’s best skiing trails. There are 28 tracks of varying lengths and difficulties, most of which run through native forests, as well as tracks for snowboarding. Night and Nordic skiing is on offer, as well as a Heliski experience, which takes you to usually off-limits ski tracks in a helicopter.
Non-skiers can rent a snowmobile and explore the snowy landscapes with ease; race your companions during a dogsled ride; or go paintballing in the snow. At the end of the day, the nine sulfur and iron swimming pools, which are open year-round, await aching muscles.
Things to Know Before You Go
- A must-visit for travelers looking to enjoy both high-octane activities and relaxing down time.
- The resort is home to a restaurant, discoteque, chapel, and minimarket. There are also several accommodation options; advance booking is recommended.
- During the summer months, Termas de Chillan opens a zipline course that grants you access to the treetop canopy.
How to Get There
It's possible to take a train or a bus from Santiago to the city of Chillan, located less than 50 miles (78 kilometers) west of the resort and volcano. Once you arrive in the city of Chillan, you need to take a local bus to the village of Las Trancas or Hotel Termas de Chillan. Planes fly between Santiago and the nearby city of Concepcion.
When to Get There
The ski season runs from June through early October, when snowfall is high and the chance of a snowstorm is low. The resort and spa stays open year-round.
Spa Treatments in the Snow After a long and cold day of activities in the snow, there’s nothing more appealing than a soak in a thermal hot spring followed by a relaxing spa treatment. Spa treatments are rooted in nature and use naturally-occurring products such as algae and mineral-enriched salts to refresh and rejuvenate the skin.
- Cosas que hacer en San Antonio
- Cosas que hacer en Mendoza
- Cosas que hacer en Puerto Montt
- Cosas que hacer en Las Pampas
- Cosas que hacer en Noroeste de Argentina
- Cosas que hacer en Patagonia
- Cosas que hacer en Altiplano
- Cosas que hacer en Costa Sur
- Cosas que hacer en Amazonas peruano
- Cosas que hacer en Región Sudeste de Brasil