Lipscani is one of the most intact historic neighborhoods in the Romanian capital, making it a natural choice for walking tours. Guided tours typically lead participants by historical sights, such as the 15th-century ruins of the Old Princely Court (Curtea Veche) and the 19th-century Manuc’s Inn (Hanul lui Manuc). Because of the district’s high concentration of bars, clubs, and restaurants, it is also a popular destination for food tours and guided pub crawls.
Things to know before you go
- With its prewar architecture, historic sights, and abundance of bars, Lipscani is a must-do for both history buffs and party seekers.
- The best streets to explore are Strada Smardan and Strada Lipscani.
- Much of Lipscani is cobbled and pedestrianized so wear comfortable shoes.
How to get there
Take the metro (M2 line) to Universitate station. Lipscani is just a 5-minute walk from the station.
When to get there
Lipscani is most tranquil in the morning, with crowds and noise building throughout the day, and peaking after dark when the area’s boisterous nightlife kicks into gear. Go in summer when the weather is mild and you can take advantage of the area’s many outdoor terraces.
The Historic Inns of Lipscani
Lipscani is home to several centuries-old roadside inns, which were originally built to host traveling merchants and their caravans. These inns were all built in a similar style, and are typically centered around an interior courtyard. Two 19th-century examples still stand in Lipscani: The Linden Inn (Hanul cu Tei) off Strada Lipscani and Manuc’s Inn (Hanul lui Manuc) on Strada Franceza, both of which serve traditional Romanian food in rustic surrounds.
- Cosas que hacer en Valaquia
- Cosas que hacer en Otopeni
- Cosas que hacer en Brașov
- Cosas que hacer en Veliko Tarnovo
- Cosas que hacer en Varna
- Cosas que hacer en Constanza
- Cosas que hacer en Sibiu
- Cosas que hacer en Sighișoara
- Cosas que hacer en Sofia
- Cosas que hacer en Estambul
- Cosas que hacer en Budapest
- Cosas que hacer en Izmir
- Cosas que hacer en Dubrovnik
- Cosas que hacer en Black Sea Coast
- Cosas que hacer en Costa del Mar Negro
- Monasterio de Stavropoleos (Manastirea Stavropoleos)
- Pasajul Macca-Vilacrosse (Pasaje Macca-Villacrosse)
- Museo Nacional de Historia de Rumanía (Muzeul National de Istorie a Romaniei)
- Palacio CEC (Palatul CEC)
- Memorial del Holocausto
- Palacio de la Universidad de Bucarest
- Templo Coral (Coral Templul)
- Catedral Patriarcal (Iglesia Metropolitana)
- Museo de Historia Judía de Bucarest
- Gran Sinagoga (Sinagoga Mare)
- Museo Nacional de Arte de Rumania (Muzeul National de Arta al Romaniei)
- Ateneo rumano (Ateneul Roman)
- Calle Victoriei (Calea Victoriei)
- Plaza de la Revolución (Piata Revolutiei)
- Palacio del Parlamento (Palatul Parlamentului)