Alexander Keith's Brewery
Ask anyone from Nova Scotia what the province’s favorite beer is, and they’re bound to say Alexander Keith’s. You can’t make a trip to Halifax without visiting the famous brewery, founded in 1820. Nowadays, Alexander Keith’s still makes up for every 1 in 3 beers sold within the province.
The brewery is one of the oldest breweries in Canada, built in 1820 and made of ironstone and granite. It’s located on the waterfront of Halifax, and for a small fee you’re able to tour the facilities with some very entertaining guides. Animators in period costume will guide you through Halifax life in 1863, complete with songs and even a few pub games from that time.
You’ll have plenty of opportunity for beer tasting as well, with at least five regular beers on tap and seasonal brews available when possible.
Alexander Keith himself is a legend. He was one of those rare, beloved politicians revered by the locals, and he was elected as mayor of Halifax three times. He died in 1873, but every year on his birthday, people visit his grave at Camp Hill Cemetery and pay tribute by leaving behind beer bottles or caps.
Cosas que hacer cerca de Halifax
- Cosas que hacer en Nueva Escocia
- Cosas que hacer en Ciudad de Quebec
- Cosas que hacer en Salem
- Cosas que hacer en Boston
- Cosas que hacer en Montreal
- Cosas que hacer en New London
- Cosas que hacer en New Haven
- Cosas que hacer en Long Island
- Cosas que hacer en Ottawa
- Cosas que hacer en Brooklyn
- Cosas que hacer en Delphi
- Cosas que hacer en Nueva York
- Cosas que hacer en Quebec
- Cosas que hacer en Massachusetts
- Cosas que hacer en Connecticut